Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Cheesecake a Nice Change From Pumpkin Pie

Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Cheesecake a Nice Change From Pumpkin Pie Hi everyone, here is the Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe I had mentioned in my Thanksgiving video. Right off the top I am going to apologize for not getting a picture of just a slice of this beautiful cheesecake. You see I made this Pumpkin Cheesecake ahead of time because I am taking to my mother in laws for Thanksgiving, so I couldn't cut it. I know y'all understand. I really wanted to get this post up just in case anyone wanted to try out this recipe for Thanksgiving. I found this recipe over at Baking and Books. The original recipe did not call for a Dulce De Leche topping, that was just a perk I added. I thought pumpkin and caramel would be a perfect combination. I also did not use the same crust recipe. I didn't have gingersnaps on hand and I really did not want to run to the store yet again. So I improvised and used a regular graham cracker crust.

Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Cheesecake a Nice Change From Pumpkin Pie~ Update ~ I snapped a picture from Thanksgiving Day!

I think my mother in law is going to be quite surprised when she finally gets to see this cheesecake. I am freezing it until we leave so that is one more dish finished!!!!! I do know one thing for a fact, this cheesecake taste out of this world good. And you know why I know this, because I had a slice already. You see the cheesecake filling made more than enough for a 8-9 inch spring form pan. Way more..... So I made a additional crust recipe and added it to a pie plate and made a additional cheesecake. I thought it was a perfect treat, especially since this was my first attempt at this recipe. At least I got to taste it before taking to my families. I know they will be very happy with the end result just like I was. I do hope someone will give this recipe a try this year, there is still time to throw it together for the upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday.


Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Cheesecake a Nice Change From Pumpkin Pie I apologize if the photos are a little off. It was a really cloudy overcast day here in Dallas. Also if you are unfamiliar with Dulce de leche what it really is, is a delicious caramel-like candy made from milk and sugar that's popular in many South American countries.

Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Cheesecake a Nice Change From Pumpkin Pie


Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Cheesecake

crust recipe:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar (you can use half brown sugar but that's optional)
5 Tablespoons butter (melted)

Prepare graham cracker crust by mixing graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter together. Lightly spray the sides of the spring form pan with baking spray, pat into a 8 or 9 inch spring form pan set aside.

filling recipe:
4 - 8-ounce packages philadelphia cream cheese, room temperature
2 - cups sugar
1 - 15-ounce can pure pumpkin puree
5 - large eggs
3 - tablespoons all purpose flour
1 - teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 - teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 - teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 - teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 - teaspoon salt
2 - tablespoons vanilla extract
1 - 14 oz can dulce de leche
(dulce de leche can be found in the Latin isle of your grocery store)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Pour into prepared graham cracker crust. Bake for 45- 55minutes or until golden brown. When the 45-55 minutes are up turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake inside for one hour. the cheesecake should look held together, but still have a lot of jiggle to it in the center. You don't want it to be completely firm at this stage. Keep the oven door shut and let the cheesecake rest in the cooling oven for one hour. This lets the cake finish cooking and cool down gently enough so that it won't crack on the top. After one hour, remove cheesecake from oven and the cheesecake is no longer jiggly. Insert knife to test for done ness when knife comes out clean the cheesecake is done. Let cool, remove the spring form pan. I recomend chilling the cheesecake for a couple hours and then spread on the dulce de leche. To spread, first melt the dulce de leche in the microwave on the defrost setting for about 20 seconds. Then spread on chilled cheesecake finish chilling overnight and serve.


Cooling Tip - I also read that once the cheesecake is removed from the oven and placed on a cooling rack. You can place a plate on top and cover as it cools this way it wont crack on top. I might try this next time. Mine cracked just a bit after it cooled on the rack, nothing the dulce de leche topping couldn't cover.





Tina, The Mom in Mommy's Kitchen


Related Site

-Free Food Recipes Online

-Food and Drink Magazine



0 comments:

Post a Comment