Marshmallow Frosted Brownies

Marshmallow Frosted Brownies This is the 3rd time I have made these Marshmallow Frosted Brownies from Real Mom Kitchen. I initially made them for a Superbowl party I went to, and now I cannot stop making them. I posted about these brownies in late January, on Blog and Recipes Worth Mentioning. I did not go into a whole lot of details about this recipe, so I wanted to make sure this recipe did not get lost and buried in all my posts. Today I am making a separate post just for these wonderful brownies because they really do deserve it.

They were such a big hit at the Superbowl party that the whole pan was cleaned out by the end of the night. I actually had to make a second batch the following day, because my husband never did get one of the brownies. I love the marshmallow filling and the chocolaty frosting on top. I think the homemade frosting takes these brownies over the edge. This recipe utilizes a boxed brownie mix so it doesn't get any easier than that. If you haven't made these brownies you don't know what you are missing.

Marshmallow Frosted Brownies right out of the oven, fluffy marshmallows on top and ready for the homemade frosting.


Marshmallow Frosted Brownies Pour the frosting on nice and hot, then let it cool and dig in.



Marshmallow Frosted Brownies



Marshmallow Brownies

1 - (9 x13) boxed brownie mix
(prepared according to package directions
for cake like brownies)
1 - bag miniature marshmallows
homemade frosting (recipe below)

Make the brownie mix according to package directions for CAKE LIKE brownies. Bake according to package directions. When brownies are done, cover them with a layer of miniature marshmallows and put back into the oven for a few minutes until marshmallows are nice and puffy. Cool brownies and top with frosting recipe below.


Homemade Chocolate Frosting

1/2 cup butter
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons water
3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Bring 1/2 cup butter or margarine, 4 tablespoons cocoa, 3 tablespoons water, and 3 tablespoons milk to a boil. Remove from heat. While still hot, add confectioners' sugar, and vanilla. Beat well. Pour frosting over brownies while frosting is still hot. Allow to cool before cutting.


Print this recipe



Related Site

-Free Food Recipes Online

-Food and Drink Magazine



0 comments:

Post a Comment